Den 08/05/2012 23.48 skrev
> Hugin has lots of photography jargon, but this is inevitable, there has
to be a better word than GUI.

If a label, e.g. next to a checkbox, is needed, what about cutting down the
acronym and let it say "user interface mode" or maybe just "interface
mode"? Or even "user mode"?

Is the word interface easily understandable in English by someone who
doesn't have any technical knowledge about computer programs?

I don't know this since English is not my first language, but in the Danish
translation, GUI would probably just remain GUI (which would be confusing)
since we, to my knowledge, don't have an acronym for that. So I also vote
to avoid the word GUI.

Thomas