Jim Watters schrieb am 10.05.12 17:29:
On 2012-05-09 5:05 PM, Bruno Postle wrote:
On Wed 09-May-2012 at 09:12 -0700, Thomas Modes wrote:

In the fast preview I started to hide controls in the beginner mode:
currently only the mosaic drag controls are hidden for beginner. Which
control do you think can be confusing for beginner? These can also be
hidden in beginner mode.

I'm in two minds about the beginner/advanced toggle, but I agree that
the mosaic mode should be invisible to new users. Looking at the
preview, maybe everything else is actually useful to beginners.

I believe "simple is a better term than beginner".

How about "standard" and "advanced" modes?

Looking forward to see and try out a build with this interface overhaul.

Carl

Beginner mode, is using wizards that do everything for you. The
Assistant tab.
Simple mode, is using a cleaner interface that hides all the advanced
features that are hardly used.
Advanced mode, is having every possible control available.

We just need to define what a simple stitch is and what is not necessary
to accomplish it.