On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Markus Kuhn wrote:

> I think it might be a good idea to really keep bidi completely out of
> xterm. If people want to play around with bidi terminal semantics, then
> I would suggest that they build a filter that can be plugged in between
> the LTR terminal and the application, just like Juliusz' "luit" does
> already for non-UTF-8 encodings.

The ArabEyes people, and we (in FarsiWeb Project) have tried to
do it, but the works are far from something acceptable, perhaps
having a look at luit code helps, I used to think that it's
impossible as a filter, but can't find the reason now ;-).

--
Behdad Esfahbod                         25 Bahman 1380, 2002 Feb 14
<behdad at bamdad dot org>              [Finger for Geek Code]

Bare feet magnetize sharp metal objects so they point upward from the
floor -- especially in the dark.