TK> Besides aethetic problem whether bidi-support layer should be located
TK> in terminal emulator or other layers,

It's not merely an aesthetic problem.

Unicode BIDI semantics are not adapted to terminal emulators.  I do
not fully understand ISO 6429 BIDI behaviour, and at any rate I'd be
nervous about implementing something that nobody seems to have an
opinion about.  I do not think that MLTerm's BIDI is documented
anywhere; if they are, please point me to the document.

I have no a priori objection to some form of BIDI support at the
terminal emulator level; but I do have an objection to some under-
specified, hacked-up support.

On the other hand, the behaviour of curses or slang or Emacs in the
presence of BIDI seem quite clear; I cannot help but wonder why it is
that BIDI developers insist on hacking up terminal emulators rather
than working on ncurses.

TK> there are a few problems for Robert Brady's patch to be merged
TK> into the xterm.

Rewriting FriBidi under a different license should be no problem.  But
the behaviour of FriBidi is profoundly inadequate for terminal
emulation.

                                        Juliusz