În data de 14-02-2002, la 13h 03'45", Markus Kuhn scria despre "[I18n]Re: user names":
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote on 2002-02-13 23:48 UTC:
> > Why do users have to have non-ASCII characters in their usernames?
> > Perhaps you can map a "international user name" to some unique username
>
> BTW: Anyone with a passport has already an official international
> spelling of their name provided in there, which uses only the ASCII
> subset available in the OCR-B font used to print visa and other
> travelling documents. It seems very sensible to me to restrict Unix user
> identifiers and email addresses to the same subset. Use UTF-8 only in
> the full names.
>
> Markus

Well, I am against the fact that my name is mutilated in my passport.
Because of that and the fact that I live in a different country, the
family name of my child, born here, is different than my own and my wife's.

My father was astonished when he noticed his name in his passport when
he visited me.

Well, why you intend to do the same?

Ionel Ciobîcã

P.S. Romanian alphabet is:  AÃÂBCDEFGHIÎJKLMNOPRS?T?UVXZ.
ASCII Romanian alphabet is: AAABCDEFGHIIJKLMNOPRSSTTUVXZ?