Hi Axel,

Axel Wagner <m...@merovius.de> writes:
> the simplest thing is to advice them to send i3bar a SIGSTOP when hidden
> to force_hide and a SIGCONT to return to normal operation.
> Though that may have unintended side-effects (not sure, how well the
> process-management works with it, for example) it is probably best to
> fix those anyhow.
Sending i3bar a SIGSTOP is a really bad idea. i3bar really needs to get
the i3 messages from the IPC socket, otherwise i3 locks up.

I am not sure if we can solve this in a good way without having either
buffer management in i3 (to store undeliverable messages) or making IPC
unreliable (dropping messages). I am open for alternatives, but in the
current state, IPC clients must read their messages in a timely matter.

--
Best regards,
Michael