Hi Tucos,

thanks for clearing that up. Sounds indeed acceptable then; so never mind what I said.

Am 17.04.2013 22:59, schrieb Bas Pape:
2013/4/17 Michael Stapelberg <mich...@i3wm.org>:
Hi justus,

justus jonas <hap...@web.de> writes:
Just tried out the --release parameter, it works for pressing the key
for a short period of time. But when pressing the bound keys for a
longer time (like 2 seconds), the keypress and keyrelease commands are
executed multiple times in a row for as long as I press the keys. Is
this intended?
Of course not. But check with xev(1) whether the key is triggered
multiple times.
Regular key-repeat applies, so with the given example config, you'd
get a ton of u with the flag for $mod set. Modifiers on their own
don't repeat (except for Multi_Key, apparently). I'd say this is
expected/acceptable behaviour; assuming keybinds for just modifiers
just work, this would not affect the "current hide-behaviour of i3bar
using the barmodifier" part either.

--
Tucos