Hi Michael,

Am 17.04.2013 22:43, schrieb Michael Stapelberg:
Hi justus,

justus jonas <hap...@web.de> writes:
Just tried out the --release parameter, it works for pressing the key
for a short period of time. But when pressing the bound keys for a
longer time (like 2 seconds), the keypress and keyrelease commands are
executed multiple times in a row for as long as I press the keys. Is
this intended?
Of course not. But check with xev(1) whether the key is triggered
multiple times.

It is triggered multiple times. Keeping on pressing any key for some time does toggle between sending the keyrelease and keypress event for as long as the key is pressed. But it would actually be nice if it would be possible that the command was executed only once per keydown/up.

(2) With the new event for sending barconfig updates, it would be easy
to add a possibility to switch modes on the fly (also demanded in
feature request #651). This would then make it possible, to switch to
the new "forcehide" mode.
I think #651 is well handled with your current patch already. Am I
missing something?

as I understand the request, this is different from showing the bar
overlaying the visible window on the bottom of the ws (just like holding
down the modifier while in hide mode). It says that it should be
possible to switch between dock and hide mode.
Fair enough.

Best
Johannes