Jim Mulder wrote:

 OA10104 (PTF UA16888) should fix the 0C4 abend in the z/OS 1.6
VERBX VSMDATA.

 However, if you are processing a z/OS 1.4 dump on a z/OS 1.6 system.
you should be STEPLIBing or TSOLIBing to a z/OS 1.4 SYS1.MIGLIB,
as well as the z/OS 1.4 PARMLIB for IPCAPARM, etc.
Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY

Thanks for the heads up on the PTF.  I appreciate it.

May I ask how one goes about getting those libraries? I believe that I'll be potentially looking at dumps from any z/OS system. This suggests that I'll need to find libraries for the all the various releases.

And do you have any specifics on how to setup those libraries? I presume you meant to say IPCSPARM and not IPCAPARM. Please correct me if I'm wrong. If you meant IPCSPARM, then I believe I can allocate that specifically with the same name DD card before starting IPCS. If this is true, then it would seem to be the easiest to setup.

The PARMLIB is a bit different. I'll review my allocations to see where my 1.6 version is allocated. And presume you mean that I'll need to substitute the 1.4 version of the same library in the allocation.

Do the 1.4 libaries _replace_ the corresponding 1.6 libraries, or should they be concatenated before the 1.6 libraries, leaving the 1.6 libraries in place?

-Mark Vollmer