In a recent note, Ed Finnell said:

> Date:         Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:08:23 EDT
>

> In a message dated 7/20/2005 12:21:27 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> What  "high end games" are you referring to here?  The games written 10  years
> ago?  I doubt they would qualify as "high end" today.   AFAIK, all current PC
> >>
> I don't know, I'm not a high-end gamer. Was just at the tigerdirect
> site looking for a back to school PC for my niece and fell into the
> alienware site. The area 51 looks impressive-for $3350 it should
> be. The ordering options were XP, DOS or  none.

"none" as in install your own?  Likely Linux?  Legacy OS/2?  Etc.

As for the clipped sentence:

    AFAIK, all current PC based games run on WindowsXP, which does
    not allow the behavior you describe.

Can't the game install a usermod, if that's what the gamer consents
to?  Does XP "allow" viruses?  They thrive nonetheless.

Computer: Access denied.

Scotty:   Override!

Computer: Access granted.

-- gil