From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
John Kim
Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2010 3:53 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Korean bank Moves back to Mainframes (...no, not back)

I am so impressed your insight!  Please forgive me for off-line of the
topic.

Although I don't have stats in my hands, I can explain two things for
your understanding how they got over an economic crisis.
Way back to mid of 1990s the economic crisis in S Korea was almost same
or bigger than last years in US, and it was controlled by IMF.
I experienced a big jump on the commodity price, especially 5 times
increase over the night for the  flour and toilet paper which had never
experienced since I was born in.  That's why I came over here for a
better quality of toilet paper with batter price.

First thing government tried to do was campaigning in order for them to
turn around an economic crisis;
- asking the nation to come out them with Gold from their draw or safe.

At that time I also sold my wedding & my children's baby-shower rings to
government, in a result world gold market was fluctuated, and gold price
was downward.

- Secondly Government tried to let people sign on an application for the
credit cards as many as possible in order to stimulate a financial
infrastructure.

At that time my high school nephew had dozen cards, and still using it.

Eventually prevailing credit cards worked, and would be able to get over
an economic crisis, although they have a social crisis by over-spending
as fallout.

That's why they need extra wallet for more cards.

Sometime economists also don't understand how Korean economy works.

One thing I know is they are really superb at campaigning!

and affiliates.

copy format. Thank you.

disclosures relating to European legal entities.