  Well, I might argue with the assertion "Instream datasets are good" as
I try to avoid them in production jobs, but that's just me. I put most
such data as members of a "datalib" PDS(E).
On the other hand, it is quite possible to use overrides to make
instream data available to a PROC step (it is trickier to get it into a
nested PROC)

//STEP1 EXEC MYPROC
//SYSIN DD *
Stuff