Frank Swarbrick wrote:
Now that we've been on z/OS for a few weeks I feel to need to ask a question that has
annoyed me since I started working on z/OS two years ago.  Instream datasets are good.
Why are they not supported inside of procs?  Is there a technical reason, or is it just
"because"?  We use procs for almost all of our production jobs, with many steps
that could take advantage of instream datasets if not for this restriction.

Thanks,
Frank

Ah, here we are. I got the first reply before I got your
original post. That explains it. The wonders of email, eh?

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment