Ted

> I don't believe it's an OOPS.

In principle, you are correct. As John Eells told us in that post I quoted and
I'm sure you will have seen, your misuse is *not* sanctioned by IBM.

If IBMers are guilty of your misuse, they are just that, guilty of misuse - but
don't expect they will be docked pay for it! One could say that each of these
instances is an "IBM oops".

> It's a reuse.

It's an *attempted* reuse which will be sat upon whenever I discover a
reason so to do.

> And, it's not worth all this BS.

The stone that got thrown into the pond:

<quote>

Is anybody else sick of the USS argument?

IBM has used the term in many documents.

So, I tend to hold that over a few on IBM-MAIN.

Terminology evolves.

</quote>

Chris Mason

On Tue, 3 May 2011 03:13:14 +0000, Ted MacNEIL <eamacn...@yahoo.ca>
wrote:

>>USS was WAY before Unix.....the SNA 3270 days to be exact. So, IBM
makes a oops, wouldnt be the first time...