Frank

> Just to unnecessarily add fuel to the fire, ...

Unfortunately, this thread got established without a proper indication to the
thread which inspired it and so your "unnecessary"[1] may or may not be
paying homage to what I had already indicated in the title of that thread "An
unnecessary controversy".

> ... the following is a CICS SIT parameter:

> USSHOME

> The USSHOME system initialization parameter specifies the name and path
of the root directory for CICS® TS 4.1 files on z/OS® UNIX.

Don't you find it interesting that the dread three initials appear only in the
parameter name - where, thanks to the famous IBM 8-character limit, space is
at a premium but there is nary a trace in the explanatory text where z/OS -
with a trademark symbol no less - UNIX appears?

Curious that!

Alternatively it is a good example to  anyone actually taking the trouble to
pay
attention rather than rattling the bars of the cage of obstinacy into which
they have imprisoned themselves.

Incidentally, I'm not really sure which side of the cage you are on although
you are definitely doing some rattling!

Further relevant comment is in my response to John Chase.

-

[1] Boldly to be found expressed as an adverb splitting the infinite in the
full
IBM tradition!

-

Chris Mason