On Wed, 4 May 2011 18:33:27 +0200, Thomas Berg <thomas.b...@swedbank.se> wrote:

>FWIW, I have always considered a use of USS as a name for a UNIX system as
ugly.
>Especially for z/OS.  Would in such a case prefer something like "ZUNIX",
"UNIZ"
>or "ZUX" ;).

How soon we forget.  Openedition existed for MVS/ESA  4.3 and MVS/ESA 5.1
and 5.2.  It was later rename to Unix System Services under OS/390 long
before "z" hardware and z/OS were ever dreamed of as a name for
the 64-bit hardware and OS.   What would you have called it under OS/390
to have short meaningful abbreviation?

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com