From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Matt Collins
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 8:01 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Don't fully understand IBM terminal

I just started my job as a Tape Operator. The primary instructor won't be
back for a few days so the lead operator is doing his best to fill in. I
monitor these terminals where information is always scrolling up the screen.
I think it's: time, job#, serial#, tape#, and some other stuff. But when a
message comes up that it needs a tape or something, I'm lost. That's why I
was curious as to what program this is, then maybe I could find some
additional information. I haven't found anything yet in the employee manual
on how to read the screens. There is a sloppy list of commands in the manual
such as _vt, and ojob (with parameters usually). A structured breakdown of
these commands would be nice to. Come a few weeks from now, I'm going to be
the only one in that room all night. I've got to know this thing. I probably
haven't given enough information to go on. TMS is used to print the scratch
tape report if that helps!

Matt Collins