From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Rick Fochtman
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 4:18 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: HMC Management Best Practices

That's true, until you get an operator that's too lazy tocrack open a manual, whether to look up a message or try and learn something new, and

he's also too **** gutless to accept any responsibilities. And a management team that's too soft-hearted (or soft-headed) to do anything about it. BTDTGTSS!

I'm sure Bob Richards remembers "The Chairbreaker"!  :-)

Edward Jaffe wrote:

Tom Marchant wrote:

It should be no surprise that with a philosophy of removing responsibility
from operators that they would act irresponsibly.  My experience is
that
operators who are treated with respect and given responsibility do
good
work.  Attempts to make a shop "operator-proof" don't work as well,
IMO.
Exactly. The deeper the bench, the better the team.