-  Sourceforge is only for developing software with OSI-approved
licenses.   The sourceforge license terms that you see are consistent
with OSI licenses, and simply mean that you agree that content that
you publish on the site can be used by the site.  A large percentage
of the open source projects use it, but it wouldn't be appropriate if
you don't want to use an OSI-approved open source license.

-  IMO, you don't need CVS or Subversion for z/OS.   Just sync your
source files somehow between your workstation and z/OS and then use a
workstation Subversion or CVS client.

- Source code control is only one of the features of Sourceforge, you
also get forums, a wiki, and other tools to coordinate a development
effort.   You can make "builds" of your product available for download
from sourceforge, but you could always package release builds and make
them available from CBT.

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies