Hi Sam, all

I like the idea!  I downloaded CBT tape file #795 and took a look at it with
XMIT Manager on Windows Vista.  It appears the sources are in mainframe
IEBCOPY type FB format.  What is the easiest way to get all the source
programs, macros, and copybooks into separate ascii files so I can take a
closer look at this project using z390 portable mainframe assembler.

By the way the open source z390 code and z390.jar executables are stored
on sourceforge.net under project name z390.  This provides redundent server
backup for downloads.  Direct links to the downloads are on www.z390.org as
well on sourceforge.net.  I have put a copy of the z390 sources on the
sourceforge.net CVS server so you can directly browse the z390 sources.  For
example, here is link to the z390 pz390.java runtime mainframe emulator for
that version (its out of date now):

http://z390.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/z390/z390/src/pz390.java?
view=markup

For the very latest version of any z390 source program, download the zip for
the latest z390 release or PTF from the www.z390.org site and look in z390
\src directory.

I don't keep the sourceforge.net z390 project CVS sources corrent since
currently only Melvyn Maltz and I are actively developing new source code.
Melvyn is doing EXEC CICS support and I'm doing the rest. It's just easier to
swap zip files with all the sources which are also included in every z390
release and PTF.  I would suspect that just trading zips will be easier for
most
CBT utilities as well.

I'm interested in this HTTP server project as z390 includes an SOA COBOL and
assembler application generator to support COBOL or assembler applicaitons
calling services running on a server anywhere on the TCP/IP network.  The
client and server generated code uses z390 svc calls to J2SE Socket client
and server support.  The server supports mulitple client connections and the
clients and servers can run on any J2SE supported platform.  I'm curious if the
HTTP server code could be adapted to also run in a similar way suing z390 and
J2SE?

Don Higgins
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 15:48:43 -0500, Sam Golob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>
>   Here at www.cbttape.org we've started a new process.  Sometimes a
>good software writer wants to write a package in an area where either:
>
>1.  He/she is not too familiar, but wants to learn the subject better.
>
>2.  He/she does not have the facility at his/her home installation, to
>properly test a given product that he/she has written.  An example would
>be if the installation has a back-level release of something running,
>and a version of the "user-written package" has to be tested at a later
>release level of the system it's supposed to be running under.  Like an
>addon to SDF (Spool Browser for JES3) that is written for the latest
>version of JES3, but their installation isn't running the latest version
>of JES3.
>
>   We are doing something to remedy these problems.  We are putting a
>preliminary version of such packages on the UPDATES page of
>www.cbttape.org and ASKING ANYONE WHO IS ABLE, to please FIX IT, GET
IT
>TO WORK, and SEND IT BACK IN, so everybody will be able to properly use
>the new package.  We will always mark such packages as "ALPHA"
>versions.  For example:
>
>   A new HTTP Server was written in Assembler, and promises to be a good
>product eventually, but it needs fixing by an expert, because the author
>can only go so far, in his own testing and debugging.  File 795 on the
>UPDATES page of www.cbttape.org needs fixing.  PLEASE FIX THIS PACKAGE,
>if you have the expertise and willingness to contribute a really useful
>tool for the public good!  THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
>
>   Please also write to me about this idea, of putting tools that need
>some completion out on the Updates Page, and which are marked as being
>incomplete.  ALL THE OTHER STUFF on the Updates Page, IF NOT SO
MARKED,