The know it all took a few days for this. ING is partially a bank but they
still shut down their challenger “quasi bank” YOLT. And the other challenger
“banks” are struggling. Funny how that happens when the cost of money
increases. And investors want profits and returns for their investments.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Thursday, April 6, 2023, 5:59 PM, David Crayford <dcrayf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5 Apr 2023, at 11:20, Bill Johnson
> <00000047540adefe-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:
>
> I remember this.
> David Crayford said:
> ”I'm calling BS. None of the challenger banks (Startling, Yolt, Monzo,
> Moneze, N26 etc) run mainframes. They have millions of customers and are
> gaining millions by the week at the expense of traditional banks.”
>

> My response
>
> Most of those “banks” aren’t banks and most of them are kaput.
>

> How’s those challenger banks doing?
> YOLT = owned by ING (who runs a mainframe) is being shut down.MONZO = CEO
> jumped ship. Not going well.N26 = pulled out of the US.

ING moved off the mainframe a couple of years ago.