From: "Bob Bridges" <robhbrid...@gmail.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Sent: 07-Apr-23 10:35:41
Subject: Re: Stop the ragging on COBOL please [was: RE: ASM call by value]

I've following this thread mostly because I'm bored and it has mild entertainment value,
but I'm handicapped by not knowing what a "challenger bank" is.  Can someone
define it?

---

/* Every year, on April 15, all members of Congress would be placed in
individual prison cells with the necessary tax forms and a copy of the Tax
Code. They would remain locked in the cells, without food or water, until they
had completed their tax returns and successfully undergone a full IRS audit. Of
course this system would probably result in a severe shortage of
congresspersons. But there might also be some drawbacks. -Dave Barry's plan to
simplify the tax code, 2000-04-09 */