On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 21:53:45 -0500, Mike Schwab wrote:

>How about doing a portion of the dataset, FTP the result, delete the
>intermediate file.  Repeat for each segment.  I. E. last 1 or 2 digits
>of an account number, etc.  Using the high order digits could lead to
>some groups being pretty large, I.E. SS#s.  Or X number of records.
>2nd run skip X, process X.  3rd run Skip 2X, process X, etc.

FTP from a DDNAME allocated from the output of a POSIX pipe the
input to which is the output of your transformation utility.
(Requires both UNIX and z/OS competency and whatever management
authorization.)

Beware!  I've noticed that FTP expects the DDNAME to be allocated to
a file or data set and finds and respects the attributes of that data set,
sometimes ignoring overriding allocation attributes.

>On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 8:08 AM, John McKown wrote:
>>
>> ... We can't get more
>> DASD basically because we are doing the ftp's to move data off of z/OS in
>> order to "get off the obsolete mainframe and on to current cloud based
>> systems" (managements' words, not mine). ...

-- gil