On Thursday, 06/15/2006 at 09:17 EST, Mike Walter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> But my IBM X41 laptop has Scroll Lock (defined as the lower-case key)
and
> NumLock key (defined as the uppercase key) on the same key, so I cannot
> readily pry that keycap off without losing NumLock, too.

FWIW, Lenovo offers a Scroll Lock Indicator Utility for Windows machines
(dunno 'bout Linux).  While it doesn't shut it off, it will place a visual
indicator in the system tray.  While more noticable than the itty-bitty
ScrLck light on my keyboard, I think a USB-powered Xenon flashbulb would
be better.  Or maybe some sort of klaxon.  Or an electrical shock applied
to the buttocks.  Or an audible warning.  Or shut off the display.

Sometimes negative reinforcement works a treat.  When it comes to Scroll
Lock, I'll take whatever help They offer.