On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 10:16:09 -0400, Edward M. Martin wrote:

>Hello And thanks to everyone,
>
>       I do appreciate everyone's input and opinions.   We have the
>memory.
>
>8 gig total,  5 gig defined for storage,  2 gig to xstore, and the rest
>used
>by the HMC.
>
>       I do think that the problem is the MDC is only hitting 77-80%
>and the
>cpu gets driven up to 100%.   It was at 92% before I do the SET MDC
>SYSTEM ON.   I am weighting the overall results of the MDC to storage to
>CPU.
>
>       This is a NOMAD2/ULTRAQUEST/TCPIP set of transactions.

Ed,

I don't know how your Nomad/Ultraquest access is being done (randomly or
sequentially), and whether it is shared
database or local database.  However, for many Nomad applications, you get more
bang for your buck by making
the virtual machine larger, and setting the number of buffers higher on the
database files.  That way any cache is
intelligent about how the data is being accessed because the database engine is
doing the cacheing and knows
what it is using.

Lloyd Fuller