Alan Altmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote(in part) :-

>> I proposed that TESTABC could, for example:
>> - XAUTOLOG TCPMAINT because the user could just bring up another
terminal
>>   session and LOGON TCPMAINT/DISC
>> - FORCE TCPMAINT because the user could LOGON TCPMAINT/LOGOFF
>> - SEND TCPMAINT because the user could LOGON TCPMAINT/SET SECUSER
>>   TESTABC/DISC or just LOGON TCPMAINT and start issuing commands
>> - SIGNAL SHUTDOWN TCPMAINT because the user could LOGON TCPMAINT/SIGNAL

>>   SHUTDOWN/DISC

I certainly do not want a user to be able to FORCE another simply because
they have LOGONBY authority for that userid. If allowing this is optional
(for those shops that want it) then fine but I do not want to be put in a
position where this is the default authority for LOGONBY.

David Boyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :-
>> The number of CMS-intensive shops is being slowly
>> strangled to nothing, and we increasingly see CP plus guests, with only
>> a tiny number of sysprogs having access to a CMS userid. At what point
>> does the balance tip to focusing on the integrity of the CP hipervisors
>> and guest OSes, not on CMS users?

Overall you may be right but we are not the only TPF shop where there are
many hundreds of VM userids running TPF and many more for the control and
administration of these. It will be a long while before we reach the
simplicity of running 20-30 Linux images where everything is done within
the guests.

Colin G Allinson
Technical Manager VM
Amadeus Data Processing GmbH
T +49 (0) 8122-43 49 75
F +49 (0) 8122-43 32 60
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.amadeus.com

IMPORTANT  -  CONFIDENTIALITY  NOTICE  - This e-mail is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity shown above as addressees . It may
contain information which is privileged, confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure under applicable laws .  If the reader of this
transmission is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, printing, distribution, copying, disclosure or the
taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately notify us by reply e-mail or using the address below
and delete the message and any attachments from your system .

Amadeus Data Processing GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Eberhard Haag
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Erding
HR München 48 199