I also agree with Richard.

        -----Original Message-----
        From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of O'Brien, Dennis L
        Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 6:22 PM
        To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
        Subject: Re: Ops privs

        I agree with Richard.  Not only do you have a serialization issue with
multiple people able to issue commands, but all these additional commands would
need to be logable by an ESM.  I can't think of any cases where I'd want to
give SEND or SIGNAL SHUTDOWN authorization to general users.  If I did, I'd
rather be able to give that authorization individually, and not have it lumped
in with Logonby.

                                                               Dennis O'Brien

  _____