On 8/26/07, Alan Altmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Command auditing is already provided by ESMs.  Nothing would change in
> that respect.

It's different type of auditing, with different audience. When I would
be paged in the middle of the night, I could search the operator
console for smoking guns. Being able to see who was tampering with the
thing the night before is enough to divert the call.
Many installations will not allow the average support person to run
SMF reports. And if they allow, it's not as much fun that I would like
you to wake me up for it...

Rob