Does 'FORCE RSCS' quiesce all non-active links and wait (at least for the

shutdown-defined within period) so that the MVS systems don't try to send

new files while RSCS waits for that large printout to finish on that slow

network-attached printer?

Does 'FORCE TCPIP' bring down all of the TCPIP related servers that TCPIP

started up? (I hope that the ~CP EXT entered on the TCPIP console will do

that now, yes, # can be disabled as linend and if you like ~ put in its p
lace.)

There are SVMs that may have outstanding work to do when a system has bee
requested to shutdown. Can you imagine the problems if DATAMOVE were FORC
Ed
in the middle of moving Chuckie's 191 minidisk?

Once you have set out on the road to cleanly shutdown SVMs that may have
outstanding work to do (Linux and SFS), why stop there, why not clean up
your older SVMs too?

I tried the SHUTTRAP program with our HOBBIT client, but I did not get it
work properly before I had to move on. It deserves revisiting. I need to
clean up my own SVMs too.

/Tom Kern
/301-903-2211