That brings back the good old days. My first real job was as an operator
of both the 7094 and 7080 at the Boeing Wichita Division. I will bet
that the simulator does not have the stand-alone channels that could be
told to perform tasks unrelated to anything going on in the cpu. After I
moved into programming, the system was upgraded to a 7094/7044 Direct
Coupled System, with all I/O and some other tasks offloaded to the 7044.

Is anyone still using 7090/7094 code? If so, my first guess is that it
is probably the Federal Government - some programs that they have spent
billions trying unsuccessfully to upgrade..

Regards,
Richard Schuh