I always user SERVICE and PUT2PROD, but I use them on the 2nd lvl test system. They don't come near the systems that real people, i.e. users, use. As far as an ESM goes, I have RACF, so that's a moot point for me. I realize that VM development has limited resources and I recognize that VM installation/maintenance has to be designed or tailored for the least common denominator that being, for example, the MVS sysprog or the UNIX sysadmin who has been told to bring up VM in order to host LINUX. Nevertheless I don't think that Endicott needs to go out of their way to cut out the few remaining, experienced VM sysprogs that still haven't retired to a rocking chair on the front porch of a retirement home.

Jim