>>> On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at  2:23 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Austin, Alyce
(CIV)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I downloaded the 'vanilla" SLES10 SP2 sent to me by Novell to my PC;
> that is
> CD1-CD4.
>
> I was going to use the "Installing a NOVELL SLES 10 Starter System
> without
> a Net(work)" handout from the Mar 08 SHARE to try to do the install
> without
> a network.
>
> I assume that the document "SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Starter
> System Z' is an update to the SHARE handout.  Is that the case?

No, it's the official documentation of the starter system.  It tells you, step
by step, exactly how to get the starter system up and running.  The SLES10
installation media you have won't work with that documentation, or Mike's
handout from his session.  Both assume that you're working with the starter
system, not the vanilla installation media.

Mark Post