From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Mark Cibula
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 15:11
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: [IBMVM] New CMS based SSLSERV problem... DTCSSL300E

Dennis (and Mark W) --

Apologies for the somewhat duplicate posting - ran into a browser
timeout

whilst putting my posting together..   I would like to suggest how one
ca
implement DTCPARMS server customizations (building on Dennis' post) to
better isolate them, and to lessen the impact of changes to the IBM
DTCPA
RMS
file itself.

* Use this 'override' entry in the SYSTEM DTCPARMS file:
* (Because the 'parms' value is overridden, the :parm. tag/value from
IBM

* DTCPARMS needs to first be duplicated and then modified within this
* (SYSTEM DTCPARMS) file so as not to lose the Keyfile information.

:nick.SSLSERV    :type.server   :class.ssl
    :Admin_ID_list.TCPMAINT GSKADMIN SYSPROG1 SYSPROG2
    :parms.KEYFile /etc/gskadm/Database.kdb
                     MAXSESSIONS 30
                     EXEMPT LOW

With the above ':type.server' entry in place, a ':nick.ssl :type.class'
entry should no longer be necessary within SYSTEM DTCPARMS.  The 'class'
entry in the IBM DTCPARMS will provide the remainder of the needed
tags/v
alues.

Granted, with the significant change to the ssl 'class' with 540, having
done something similar to the above for a 530 SSL 'server' entry, one
mig
ht
still have encountered some problems, since the old/new tags had little
common...

The type of change I suggest above is meant simply to illustrate how to
eep
customizations separate from the (IBM) supplied defaults. (And, we do
encourage this same type of thing on our own test systems so fewer
server
go 'bump' as things are changed).

-- Regards, Mark Cibula