From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 10:53 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: New CMS based SSLSERV problem... DTCSSL300E

On Wednesday, 03/18/2009 at 09:49 EDT, "Mrohs, Ray"
<ray.mr...@usdoj.gov>
wrote:
> This is slightly off-topic but if anyone has the 5.4 SSLSERV running
> with the Rumba or WRQ Reflection 3270 emulator, please contact me
> offline. Thanks.

Neither Rumba nor Reflection work correctly.  We are working with
Attachmate to fix Reflection.  Rumba has not responded to our attempts
contact them.  IBM Host on Demand doesn't work, either, at the moment.

The common problem we are seeing is that the clients are bringing down
the
session when the server requests a client certificate they don't
posesss.
The RFC specifies that the client should send an "empty" certificate
list
and that it is up to the server, not the client, to decide whether the
lack of a client certificate is grounds for a divorce.

Work with your client vendor.  If they want someone in IBM to talk to,
send them to me.