Wouldn't doing a "dd" in the running Linux guest to a separate disk, then
backing up that disk result in a good backup? Assuming that the application has
synced its data, of course.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone * (817)-691-6183 cell