DDR doesn't care about VTOCs or anything. It simply copies whatever is
there. A very useful trait in many cases.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR)
Sent: August 16, 2010 09:30
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: How to copy a disk using a z/Linux guest

Hi

I am trying to find out if there is a utility in z/Linux in my case RHEL
5.2 that will allow me to copy a z/Linux formatted disk to another disk.

Also do you know if DDR cares rather there is a VTOC on a volume if it
is used to backup the volume without a VTOC?

Thank You,

Terry Martin

Lockheed Martin - Citic

z/OS and z/VM Performance Tuning and Operating Systems Support

Office - 443 348-2102

Cell - 443 632-4191

cid:image001.jpg@01C97FB5.5EAFD6C0

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
review retransmission dissemination or other use of or taking any action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient or delegate is strictly prohibited.  If you received this in error
please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.  The
integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.
The sender accepts no liability for the content of this e-mail or for the
consequences of any actions taken on the basis of information provided.  The
recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of
viruses.  The sender accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this e-mail.  This disclaimer is property of the TTC and must
not be altered or circumvented in any manner.