On 8/16/10 11:10 AM, "Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR)"
<terry.mar...@cms.hhs.gov> wrote:

> First, we do not count on Full pack backups for our restores normally we
> use FDRUPSTREAM to backup the guests file systems on a daily and weekly
> basis, however the guests are still running when this is done other than
> the Data Base backups where the guest is shutdown and a full backup is
> taken of the Oracle data base using FDRUPSTREAM.

OK, if you're running the FDR/Upstream agent inside the guest, you probably
are going to be OK. That satisfies the requirement of backing up the systems
from within the guest, so the backup will likely be reasonably consistent.

> Second, for this exercise there is no LVM involved these are just ECKD
> devices. So synchronization will be less of an issue for these guests
> and for this test.

*whew* LVM is a PITA for this sort of stuff. Necessary, but a PITA.

Still, once you get back, it's probably smart to fix those two packs.

-- db