I’ve always liked Vnnnnn, where n is the order of acquisition in your
organization, eg V00001 for the first volume acquired, V00002 for the second,
etc. The V is there to not confuse commands that need a volser as input into
thinking they’re dealing with a real address (once had that problem with a
system that had all numeric userids --- ick), and I’ve never rolled over within
the same complex during my time there.

If you stick to decimal numbering most people don’t confuse them with
addresses, and if you go through a lot of disks (as I assume Visa does), you’re
still unlikely to replace 99,999 at a time.  Works with LPARs, VM, z/OS, pretty
much any situation you come to.