On: Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 02:44:30PM -0400,George Henke/NYLIC Wrote:

} So, I guess the "bottom line" is that there is no *silver bullet*, no
} *shortcut*, for even the smallest change, that PUT2PROD at Level1:
}
} steps on the current CPLOAD no matter what you do.
} is unacceptable, without shaking down the change on Level 2 first and
} having a backup.
}
} If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.

Well, no you don't absolutely have to do it that way, but if you don't,
I would suggest keeping your resume up-to-date.

There are special cases where you don't have to follow all of the
"rules", but these are special cases and should be few and far between.
I do recall one case where the fix HAD to be on yesterday, and an IPL was
politically impossible, the fix was quite simple (ISTR changed a
conditional branch to either a NOP or an unconditional branch), and I
did it with a STCP (predecessor of ST H....) and I got my 15 minutes of
fame.  Then I went back and did it "right" for the next IPL.

--
Rich Greenberg  Sarasota, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 941 378 2097
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67