I have NOT tried this, but there is a tool called XmitManager from
cbttape.org that might help.  If you can unzip a file from the original zip
package that is supposed to be an sequential unloaded PDS file from the XMIT
command, it might be able to pull the individual members from that to your
PC which you could then upload to VM as separate files.   As I said, I have
NOT tried this, but I get the impression from reading about Xmit Manager
that it might work.

--Roger