From: The IBM z/VM Operating System on behalf of Michael Forte
Sent: Fri 2/25/2011 6:48 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Need advice on moving a Linux guest from one z/VM LPAR to another

Hi members of the outstanding z/VM community!

I need advice or a pointer to documentation (if available? presentations,
official publications, Redbooks...) on how to move a Linux guest from one z/VM
LPAR to another. Now, I know this could probably be pieced together from an
assortment of z/VM product documentation or multiple Redbooks, but I am hoping
someone in this community has done this before. Even a set of high-level
"steps" would prove invaluable.

Does anyone have any insight?

z/VM 6.1, SLES 11, all FICON.

Thanks in advance and I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Michael J. Forte
z/OS Storage ID (and on assignment with STG Lab Services and Training)
Software Engineer, System z Information Solutions 58HA
IBM Research Triangle Park, North Carolina