It really depends on how much planning you¹ve done beforehand.

We have our LPARs set up so that they share DASD, share the same CP
Directory, and are on the same TCP/IP subnet, so here, it¹s just a matter of
bringing the userid down on one z/VM system, and bringing it up on the
other. It¹s really a 10 minute downtime or less.

Otherwise, you¹ll have to be sure the image is down in the one LPAR, copy
the DASD from the first system to the second, bring up the Linux system in
the second LPAR, change the IP address(es) in the image to match the new
subnet, plumb up the new world-wide names for any FCP disk being used...
There are several things that can change when moving from one system to
another. You¹ll need to do some careful planning.

If you could post your configurations (old and new), I think people could
better point out the pitfalls you¹re likely to run into.

--
Robert P. Nix          Mayo Foundation        .~.
RO-OC-1-18             200 First Street SW    /V\