>>>  think karen and Shirley who works with her horses have a really excellent
>>> thing going
>>> because Teev was almost push button and so willing, so happy to be taken
>>> out for a
>>> ride.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but on Tivar's willingness to go out alone -
I don't
think we can take credit for that.  I have a feeling that's just his innate
personality.
About all I can claim is that we didn't do anything to squelch what was
naturally there.
He and Sina (two of my favorite all-time horses) both have that trait, and I
give them
credit for having been born that way - both are eerily intelligent and very
curious about
the world.