On Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 2:06 PM Dave Crocker <dcroc...@bbiw.net> wrote:

> As appealing as the AS concept is, I've never been clear how operationally
> useful they are.
>
> More to the current point, if the anti-replay work to be done benefits
> from a position on transit vs. non-transit, then including it directly in
> an anti-replay specification would be more helpful than in a separate AS.

Fair enough.  Does the charter need to say that a revision to best
practices, relative to the replay problem, might be a possible output?
It's within the realm of possibility that no protocol work comes out of
this, but a "checkpoint" about current realities might be good to publish
in that case.

-MSK