On 8 Dec 2022, at 7:25, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 8, 2022 at 12:56 AM Laura Atkins <la...@wordtothewise.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Fair enough.  Does the charter need to say that a revision to best
>> practices, relative to the replay problem, might be a possible output?
>> It's within the realm of possibility that no protocol work comes out of
>> this, but a "checkpoint" about current realities might be good to publish
>> in that case.
>>

>> I think a checkpoint / review is a good goal for the group.
>>

> This seems like something reasonable and easy to add.
>
> Any objections?

I’m fine if the revision to best practices is scoped to the replay problem.
This was presented to dispatch as a narrowly scoped problem statement, and the
rechartering result was decided on that basis. If this were to evolve into a
“let’s think about DKIM best practices” more generally, it will get bogged down.

-Jim