On 12/7/2022 4:26 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
Fair enough.  Does the charter need to say that a revision to best practices, relative to the replay problem, might be a possible output?  It's within the realm of possibility that no protocol work comes out of this, but a "checkpoint" about current realities might be good to publish in that case.

That's what is ironic about this thread:  I don't think there has been any suggestion to change the details of DKIM tech, just a refinement of DKIM intention.  And maybe rather slight modification to expected use.  But given actual current use, I doubt even that.

Frankly, the word transit was included to get an essential point, without otherwise trying to tweak the wg work.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking