Hi,

This is to start a new thread to follow up on the
"Initiatives at ILUG-D" email.

As I can see now, the twiki which used to exist on
linux-delhi doesn't anymore. Question: Do we need such
a wiki on linux-delhi.org?

- How many people would use it?
-- Well?

- What would they use it for?
-- Perhaps official LUG project planning. Esp those
which don't have their own domain name/website.

Lug-delhi.org is the collaborative website which runs
MoinMoin, a python based wiki framework. For the
people who wanted to launch the e-zine :

- Start off another section of the wiki
- Embellish it all you want, customize the wiki so
that it looks more like a zine
- Add content, invite content from ilug-d members
- Post results

As for using this for other things - it depends on the
number of people who're interested in this. You find a
new way of doing something, put it on your
blog/website, and add it as an article on the Wiki
too. IF you've searched the lug-archives for a
solution and find one, write it up nice and proper and
put it up. The wiki is going to go nowhere unless a
lot of users begin to use it to do things.

Anyone who has a blog and wants to publicize it should
go add themselves on the planet.

As for the "Official" sanction for the lug-delhi
website and resources, why not just put a link in a
few places on the website (linux-delhi.org)?
Considering that ILUG-d members should start using it,
thats sanction enough.

Suggestions welcome of course.

Cheers
Viksit

--
Viksit Gaur

viksit at aya dot yale dot edu
http://viksit.com

Just because you have a mind like a hammer doesn't mean you should treat
everyone else like a nail - Terry Pratchett