Raj Mathur wrote:
> Sandip had setup a Wiki on lug-delhi.org which is pointed to from
> linux-delhi.org.  I don't recollect any offer to merge it into the
> main linux-delhi.org web site, so it remains under a separate domain.

Exactly, while there is a knowledgebase link setup from the front page to the
wiki, it still doesn't seem to be the first choice for people to put up public
information, nor is it mentioned to people when they are looking for a place to
put up documents.

Ok, without dwelling too much into the history of all this, can we start
afresh? :)

Can this wiki be used as the knowledge base for ILUGD from now on? How about
pointing wiki.linux-delhi.org to the IP of the server where lug-delhi.org is
residing, and I will move the wiki there? I would also have to setup all the
redirection for popular links from the current link to the new one. Would
anyone
have a problem with that?

I offer to manage it, as I have been doing for the past few years. Anyone else
who would like to manage it - either from the UI or from the shell, are welcome
too. However, the current need is more from the UI side than the system side -
the latter doesn't take too much effort other than the occasional upgrading
from
time to time.

The UI needs more effort - to attack the problems of most wikis degenerating
into a pile of disorganized mess and to protect from wiki spam, I am locking
down the frontpage and making it editable only to admins. This also imposes a
structure to the wiki.

- Sandip