On 2/8/07, Anupam Jain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 2/8/07, Kenneth Gonsalves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > On 08-Feb-07, at 4:38 PM, Anupam Jain wrote:
> >
> > > this mailing list and I did not see a very public discussion on the
> > > mailing list before everything was done and over. The "committee"
> > > related decisions of ILUGD have been mostly off the list.
> >
> > not so - agenda is always disclosed on the list. discussion is asked
> > for. Even for 'committee meetings' all are invited. And decision is
> > by majority. Minutes and list of attendees are also always posted on
> > the list. You need to retract.
>
> Even so, I still think the informality of ILUGD was better. Much of my
> comment was in direct reaction to the someone pointing out that it was
> time for LA and ILUGD to part ways permanently, for reasons that are
> still not very convincing. If the ILUGD was an informal group such a
> thing would probably not have even popped up. I stand by what I said
> and you people are looking too much into it. There is hardly a need to
> retract opinions clearly marked as such (remember I opened with "I
> liked ILUGD better...." not "ILUGD was better...").

Wait you are confusing two entities -  LUG - Linux User Group - the
registered society...where a committee takes decisions (you have to
pay a small fee to be registered member of this organization.. though
objectives of this entity are while being same as ILUGD but much more
too...(as specified in the MOA).

 & ILUGD - the unofficial group.. comprising folks on mailing
lists..quite  informal.. anyone has a say as long as they do it in it
right time (when opinions are called for)..& place (ILUGD
meeting/list)..

> Anyways that is not even the main point of that supposedly
> objectionable paragraph. The main point was that fragmenting the
> community for no reason is not welcome!

by default the way a community is made (of individuals) its
fragmented.. what cements it is the common views/ideas/philosophy
shared..

Karunakar