--- Anupam Jain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> They are not nil and I will vouch for it. Read my
> Haskell post for an
> example. Go to research.microsoft.com and you'll
> realise that
> Microsoft engineers contribute a lot in terms of
> ideas (though their
> code may still be under MS' control). And I
> personally know atleast
> one person in working in Microsoft who is an avid
> Linuxer. Whatever

 Anupam, what is the overall equation? One avid
linuxer against a gang of anti linux activist?
  There was one OSS pro person from M$ in LA. Still,
junior executives distribute properitary software at
CXO summit and demonstrate Vista and Office 2007. It
appears paradox in saying and doing is the core of M$.
It is difficult to believe that an organization
boasting of corporate culture would be stupid enough,
not to brief the executives properly!!

 Points raised by you in favour of M$ are perfectly
valid. But one individual is easy to woo. M$ has baits
for every fish in OSS ocean. Whether you avoid the
bait or eat it is upto you.

regards
VK

Engineers normally have problem with every solution. If not they have  a
solution in search of a problem.

http://creative.linux-delhi.org

Disclaimer
distinction is yours to draw...